SEE & DO
Places to visit during your stay...
Visit the best zoo in Europe
Colchester Zoo is a perfect all-weather family activity. Highlights include feeding the elephants and the giraffes; soft play and multiple play ground fun; see the snakes, crocodiles, kimodo dragons, lions, tigers and bears.
Colchester is Britain’s oldest recorded town and was the first city and capital in Roman Britain. Its rich history dates back over 2000 years. We are just steps away from Colchester Castle and it’s beautiful landscaped park grounds. Also close by are the museums, First Site Gallery, The Minories as well as the Mercury Theatre.
Spa & Wellness
- enjoy a day of ultimate relaxation and pampering at the Lifehouse Spa, Thorpe-le-Soken
- take a yoga class nearby in Trinity street
There are many beautiful surrounding historic places such as Constable’s Dedham, the medieval houses of Lavenham and Long Melford for its antique centres, restaurants and small shops.
We have a wonderful coast line. A 15 minute drive from Colchester takes you to West Mersea famous for seafood cafes, harbour sunsets and crabbing for the kids, then there is the beautiful sandy and craggy beach of East Mersea or the fine sands of Frinton-on-sea.
Cycling and Walking
Nearby you’ll find a host of walking and cycle routes from which you can explore the beautiful countryside of North Essex and Suffolk.
In and around Colchester there are a wide range of activities for every age group to enjoy all year round including rock climbing and roller skating.
- Swimming and flumes at Leisure World
- Golf -including the dinosaur-themed crazy golf course Mighty Claws
- Frisbee Golf at the University of Essex
- FootGolf course at Waldegraves on Mersea Island.
- Tenpin bowling
- Quasar laser-tag
- Jump Street Trampoline Park
- Ultimate Ninja UK.
- Curve Water Sports – Aqua Park, Wakeboarding, Kayaking and Paddleboarding Centre in St Osyth